Quickbond Water Based Bonding Adhesive is an extremely effective high strength bonding adhesive. It is designed and manufactured especially for flat roofing installations. At Rubber Flat Roof, our Quickbond formulation of EPDM water-based deck adhesive is easy to spread with a quick grab and strong adhesion. This formulation has been tested for its performance against other market brands and found to offer just as strong a bond with the added advantages of being easy to apply.
Quickbond Water Based Bonding Adhesive is very easy to use and we have tutorials to help you. In addition, we also offer these high-quality EPDM adhesives in four popular sizes: 2.5 kg, 5 kg, 10 kg and 20 kg tubs.
- 2.5kg – coverage approximately 10m2
- 5.0kg – coverage approximately 20m2
- 10.0kg – coverage approximately 40m2
- 20.0kg – coverage approximately 80m2
The Quickbond Water Based Bonding Adhesive is a user-friendly bonding adhesive used to bond EPDM Rubber Membrane to a porous rigid board substrate such as plywood or wood fibreboard. Note: Solvent Based (Contact) Adhesive is recommended when using OSB Board.
- Firstly, for best adhesion results, ensure that the areas that are being bonded are both clean, dry and grease-free.
- Use the 12″ roller to apply water adhesive to the rubber roofing membrane.
- Apply evenly to the porous surface and then lay the rubber directly onto the adhesive.
- An advantage of Water Based Bonding Adhesive over Solvent Based is that it needs only be applied to one surface when bonding to plywood and wood fibreboard. In addition, the EPDM membrane can be laid onto the adhesive without waiting for the adhesive to dry.
- To easily eliminate wrinkles, reposition the membrane during installation.
Finally, please see our EPDM Roof Installation Videos for more details. If you have any queries, please get in touch with our friendly team. Call us if you are unsure about the materials you need for your roof on 01392 927729 or email [email protected]. You can also check out our Roof Calculator that estimates all the materials you will need for your rubber roofing project.