We are currently running a 1 to 2 day delivery service.
What is the Typical Life Cycle of a Rubber Flat Roof?
Posted: March 12, 2019
typical life cycle of a rubber flat roof
Understanding the three life cycle stages that your roof will go through will give you the information that you need to ensure that you're getting the best value from your roof.
Stage 1: New Roof
- The life cycle of your roof begins before you have even built it!
- The life cycle depends heavily upon the decisions you make when choosing which materials you are going to buy. How long do you want your roof to last? If may be worth purchasing the thicker 1.5mm membrane instead of the 1.2mm membrane as this will give your roof at least another 10 years of life.
Stage 2: The Maintenance Period
- Ongoing maintenance during the life of your roof is vital.
- Check out our guide to what kind of checks you should do and how often you should do them here.
- Many roofs fail when people succumb to an ‘out of sight, out of mind’ mentality, which can often lead to a neglected roof failure due to an easily repairable fault. Read more here.
Stage 3: Re-roofing
- Given the proper maintenance, your roof’s lifespan could easily be extended for up to more than 30 years.
- All roofs lives end eventually, due to the amount of exposure and wear and tear they receive.
- When you are ready to replace your roof there are some factors which you must consider, do you need to replace every element of the roof? Or do you just need to re-cover it with a new membrane? It is worth getting in a professional roofer to carry out a maintenance inspection on it so that you know exactly what you need when replacing/maintaining your roof.
Call us today on 01392 927729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for our expert advice. Alternatively, get started today using our roof quote tool!