We are currently running a 1 to 2 day delivery service.
5 Items You Need to Install EPDM On Your Shed Roof
EPDM Shed Roofs are reliable. Do you need to replace your shed roof? Why not try EPDM Rubber?
EPDM Shed Roof Rubber Membrane is eco-friendly, durable and long-lasting. Installation is fast and safe, and here at Rubber Flat Roof, we have installation videos and tutorials. In addition, unlike asphalt products which are heat applied, Rubberall EPDM is cold applied and fitted in one sheet.
Here are the five items you need to install EPDM rubber roofing on your shed and the method of installation.
1. Firstly, you will need the EPDM Rubber Membrane.
2. Next, grab your Water-Based Adhesive for Bonding to Timber Roof
3. You will need a roller and if you need a handle or a refill we sell these too.
4. A soft broom – any will do!
5. Scissors - pink, grey or black will do as long as they are sharp!
6. OPTIONAL: Quicktrims.
And the best part? We've done all of the hard work for you. At Rubber Flat Roof, we have launched a new product: an EPDM Rubber Shed Roof Kit. Packed into a neat box, our EPDM Rubber Shed Roof Kit is highly convenient. It is designed with the homeowner in mind – to ensure that roofing or re-roofing your shed is a straightforward and easy process!
Included in the Kit:
- EPDM Rubber Membrane – size in brackets.
- Water-based deck adhesive for bonding to timber roof.
- Instruction leaflet.
How to Install:
- Remove existing timber edge trims and put them to one side if they can be reused. Remove the old roof covering, any exposed nails and replace any rotten deck boards.
- Ensure that the deck surface is clean, dry and free from contaminants and dust.
- Unwrap the EPDM Rubber and place onto the shed roof – ensure there is equal coverage. Wait for half an hour for EPDM to relax.
- Fold back half of the EPDM Rubber Roof Membrane to expose the timber deck underneath and apply the QuickBond 1600 evenly with a roller.
- Roll the membrane back into a position while the adhesive is still wet, use a soft broom to ensure no air is trapped underneath the membrane.
- Repeat the process for the other half of the roof.
- Using scissors cut off any excess EPDM Rubber Roof Membrane, leaving 50mm overhang (approximately).
- Fold the membrane back on itself and fix it with trims.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with our friendly team. Call us if you are unsure about the materials you need for your roof on 01392927729 or email email@example.com. You can also check out our Roof Calculator that estimates all the materials you will need for your rubber roofing project.