The EPDM Rubber Through Wall Drain Outlet 100mm x 100mm requires a hole size of 105mm X 105mm.
This through wall outlet is a synthetic EPDM rubber outlet for use on flat roofs with parapet walls to form a through wall outlet so that water can be dispersed into a drain hopper or similar soak away.
This can be used with EPDM Rubber roofing membranes and can be fitted above or below the membrane to suit the situation. EPDM Flashing Tapes and Tape Primer should be used to create waterproof finish in areas where water ingress is possible.
Installation of the EPDM Parapet Roof Drain as part of your EPDM rubber roofing couldn’t be simpler. Typically, installation should be carried out with a 3° slope. To ensure success, make sure you follow the steps listed below:
- Install EPDM Rubber as normal for a parapet wall finish.
- Identify the outlet location and cut a cross into the rubber large enough to allow the outlet through.
- Apply Water Cut off mastic to the back of the angled flange and then push the outlet through the opening until it meets with the parapet wall and the roof surface.
- Once in position mechanically fix the outlet into place, then apply EPDM Primer to the outlet and membrane.
- Wait for this to dry – then proceed to install Uncured Flashing Tape to seal the outlet to the membrane. Cut away any excess covering the parapet outlet. (Flashing should overlap onto the Rubber by 50mm to create a sufficient seal against water ingress). Uncured flashing available in: 152mm, 229mm, 305mm and 454mm options.
- Use a securing band of Uncured Flashing Tape if joining the outlet to any pipe extensions.
- Finally, insert a leaf guard or gravel gate to prevent obstructions from entering the drain (if required)
If you’re unsure about the materials you need for your roof be sure to check out our Roof Calculator, so that we can do the work for you or call for technical assistance on 01392 927729.