Quickbond Contact Adhesive is an extremely effective and high strength solvent-based bonding adhesive. It is designed and manufactured especially for flat roofing installations. At Rubber Flat Roof, our range of Quickbond Contact Adhesives are Toluene and Xylene free making the adhesive safer for all installers to use. In addition, we offer these high-quality EPDM adhesives in four popular sizes: 2.5 L, 5L, 10 L and 20 L tubs.
Quickbond Contact Adhesive is very easy to use and we have tutorials to help you. In addition to giving an instant bond, the new Quickbond product comes in four handy sizes:
- 2.5L – coverage approximately 5m2 both sides
- 5.0L – coverage approximately 10m2 both sides
- 10.0L – coverage approximately 20m2 both sides
- 20.0L – coverage approximately 40m2 both sides
- Firstly, for best adhesion results, ensure that the areas that are being bonded are both clean, dry and grease-free.
- The Quickbond Contact Adhesive will adhere to rubber, metal timber and cement.
- Use a 4″ mini roller to apply contact adhesive to the rubber roofing membrane.
- Solvent-based adhesives must be used in a well-ventilated area.
- Apply to both mating surfaces.
- Then wait for the adhesive to dry (tack off) before adhering the rubber to the substrate.
Finally, please see our EPDM Roof Installation Videos for more details.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with our friendly team. Call us if you are unsure about the materials you need for your roof on 01392 927729 or email [email protected]. You can also check out our Roof Calculator that estimates all the materials you will need for your rubber roofing project.