Quickbond Contact Adhesive is an extremely effective and high strength solvent-based bonding adhesive. It is designed and manufactured especially for flat roofing installations. At Rubber Flat Roof, our range of Quickbond Contact Adhesives are Toluene and Xylene free making the adhesive safer for all installers to use.
Quickbond Contact Adhesive is very easy to use and we have tutorials to help you. In addition to giving an instant bond, the new Quickbond product comes in five handy sizes:
750 mL – coverage approximately 3m2
1 L – coverage approximately 3m2
2.5 L – coverage approximately 7.5m2 both sides
5.0 L – coverage approximately 15m2 both sides
Application Process for 1 – 5 L Tubs
- Firstly, for best adhesion results, ensure that the areas that are being bonded are both clean, dry and grease-free.
- The Quickbond Contact Adhesive will adhere to rubber, metal timber and cement.
- Use a 4″ mini roller to apply contact adhesive to the rubber roofing membrane.
- Solvent-based adhesives must be used in a well-ventilated area.
- Apply to both mating surfaces.
- Then wait for the adhesive to dry (tack off) before adhering the rubber to the substrate.
Application Process for 750 mL Spray
- Shake can well before use
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from dust or grease.
- Spray adhesive from 15 – 20cm away onto both surfaces with 80% – 90% coverage to both substrate and EPDM.
- Allow adhesive to dry for 2 – 5 minutes before bonding.
- Once the EPDM is laid, consolidate the bond with a weighted roller.
- To prevent spray nozzle from blocking, at the end of each period of use, turn the can upside down and press nozzle until spray is clear of adhesive.
- Excess adhesive can be removed with a solvent cleaner such as white spirit.
Finally, please see our EPDM Roof Installation Videos for more details.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with our friendly team. Call us if you are unsure about the materials you need for your roof on 01392 927729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our Roof Quote Tool that estimates all the materials you will need for your roofing project.