New to EPDM Rubber Flat Roofing?
Ethylene-Propylene Diene Monomer is a high-density membrane; it is impermeable to water and is fast becoming one of the most widely used synthetic rubbers in the roofing industry.
We have a state-of-the-art EPDM Rubber Flat Roof Quote Tool, which will work out the exact materials that you will need for your project! Just input the size and other details and our EPDM Rubber Flat Roof Quote Tool will do the rest.
Lifespan and Warranty
- EPDM Rubber Flat Roofing Membranes are an extremely durable roofing option.
- At Rubber Flat Roof, we have a warranty of 20 years on our 1.2mm thick EPDM membrane and a warranty of 30 years on our 1.5mm thick EPDM membrane, although our roofs do have an expected lifespan of up to 50 years.
- The saturated polymer backbone allows for a strong resistance to weathering in its many forms. The membrane has excellent resistance to high heats and temperature changes, a strength well suited to the temperamental British climate.
- The chemical properties of EPDM result in a very low risk of oxidation and any related damage, as well as proving a high resistance to water, acid and alkali erosion; all key factors in any roofing product, given the frequent exposure to wet weather and the outside atmosphere.
- The EPDM membrane is a non-polar elastomer, which affords it a high electrical resistivity.
- It has flame retardant properties and the highly flexible membrane (capable of up to 300% movement) makes it insusceptible to physical damage such as tearing and abrasion.
- These intensely durable characteristics are evidenced by its frequent application in various other tools such as industrial hoses, moisture barriers, electrical insulation and solar panels.
Environmentally Friendly Membrane
- EPDM is a great ‘green’ roofing solution, as it’s an inert material with limited environmental impact from the initial manufacturing stages right through to installation and use.
- There are no toxic substances released from the EPDM membranes, which could allow for collection and use of run-off rainwater for household use (toilet, washing machine, etc.). Read more about this in our blog.
- EPDM roofs are becoming regular features of our landscape due to the ever-increasing concern for the environment. For example, The University of Sheffield has embraced green roof technology and green roofs are frequently featured on the popular Channel 4 program Grand Designs. It also works well with solar panelled roofing.
Sleek and Smooth Finish, with Minimal Maintenance
- EPDM Rubber Flat Roofing has a smooth and level finish, making it a much more attractive option than many other roofing membranes.
- With a flexibility range of -59°C to +149°C, EPDM withstands extreme temperatures and will not split, crack or rupture.
- EPDM membranes are fitted in single sheets (available up to fifteen meters in width) which greatly reduces the risk of leaks. In the unlikely case of damage, however, EPDM membranes are easy to patch repair.
- Unlike Asphalt products which are heat applied, Rubberall EPDM is cold applied – no need for expensive welding equipment and EPDM can be installed on new constructions and refurbishments projects without disrupting activities within the building.
- It is simple and easy to install and here at Rubber Flat Roof,we have installation videos and tutorials.
For more information on EPDM rubber roofing, how to install it or whether it is the right option for your roofing needs, check out our range of products on the rest of our website or get in touch on 01392 927729. Alternatively, try out our state of the art Roof Quote Tool so we can provide you with all the materials you will need for your roof!
What is Quicktrim?
Quicktrim Flat Roof Edge System is the original and still considered the best flat roof edging solution available on the market.