The Premium Grade 3” Seam Tape is a high quality, high strength tape used to join two pieces of EPDM membrane. Providing watertight seams when it is not practical to complete the roof in one piece – for instance “L” shaped roofs – the 3” Premium Grade Seam Tape is a highly reliable and eco-friendly EPDM rubber tape.
The Premium Grade 3″ x 30m Seam Tape Roll is:
- Easy to use.
- Watertight in adverse weather conditions.
- Withstands extreme weather conditions.
The 3″ EPDM Seam Tape is available in 7.62m Roll or 30m Roll.
How to use:
- Before you apply your Rubberall Seam Tape, ensure that your two pieces of Rubberall EPDM membrane, that you wish to join, are overlapping by 3”/75mm.
- Fold back the top layer and apply the Rubberall Seam Tape Primer to both surfaces.
- Wait until the Rubberall Seam Tape Primer is dry to touch.
- Leaving the backing film on the 3″ Seam Tape, start at one end sticking the tape down onto the bottom piece of Rubberall EPDM membrane.
- Use your hand to smooth the tape down, ensuring there are no bubbles or creases.
- Then, allow the top EPDM membrane to fold back into position.
- Carefully peel away the backing film pulling at a 45 degree angle.
- Smooth the top membrane over the seam tape with your hand.
- For extra pressure, use a Seam Roller.
- The EPDM Seam Tape can be used to join the EPDM rubber membrane on to surfaces such as TPO and PVC roofing systems.
- The EPDM Seam Tape can also be used to repair damaged PVC or TPO roofs which can prove extremely cost effective.
- If you are adjoining the Rubberall EPDM membrane to Asphalt, for instance, it is advised that you use a Termination Bar with Rubberall Water Cut Off mastic.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with our friendly team. Call us if you are unsure about the materials you need for your roof on 01392927729 or email [email protected] You can also check out our Roof Calculator that estimates all the materials you will need for your rubber roofing project.