Batten Bars ensure that the Rubberall EPDM membrane fits snugly up to an adjoining wall. For instance, Batten Bars are used when fitting a flat roof that adjoins a wall such as a single story extension.
The Batten Bar is 3.1 metres long (10 Foot). The Batten Bars have fabricated holes for ease of fixing.
Top Tips For the Best Results:
- Place down and fix the Batten Bar as close to the base as possible, as opposed to the flat roof as this will ensure a firm and better waterproofing fix.
- Moreover, this will also prevent tearing with the expansion and contraction of the rubber during varied temperature changes.
- Fix the Batten Bar over the membrane excess to create a flashing.
- Fold the excess rubber back over the Batten Bar using a solvent-based adhesive.
- This will secure the aluminium Batten Bar; giving it a smooth, crisp, professional finish against the upstand.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with our friendly team. Call us if you are unsure about the materials you need for your roof on 01392 927729 or email [email protected]. You can also check out our Roof Calculator that estimates all the materials you will need for your rubber roofing project.