The 12″ Roller Frame Refill Scuttle Set is used to apply the water-based adhesive. The Quickbond Water Based Bonding Adhesive is a user-friendly bonding adhesive used to bond EPDM Rubber Membrane to a porous rigid board substrate such as plywood or wood fibreboard. Note: Solvent Based (Contact) Adhesive is recommended when using OSB Board.
Rubberall EPDM products are the perfect solution for your garage, shed or flat roof:
- In particular, it is simple and easy to install and here at Rubber Flat Roof, we have installation videos and tutorials.
- Unlike Asphalt products which are heat applied, Rubberall EPDM is cold applied – no need for expensive welding equipment!
- EPDM membranes are fitted in single sheets (available up to fifteen meters in width) which greatly reduces the risk of leaks. In the unlikely case of damage, however, EPDM membranes are easy to patch repair.
- Joints and seams integrity is not an issue.
- Lastly, EPDM Rubber Flat Roofing is environmentally friendly and recyclable.
Application Process For the Water-Based Bonding Adhesive:
- Firstly, for best adhesion results, ensure that the areas that are being bonded are both clean, dry and grease-free.
- Use the 12″ roller to apply water adhesive to the rubber roofing membrane.
- Apply evenly to the porous surface and then lay the rubber directly onto the adhesive.
- An advantage of Water-Based Bonding Adhesive over Solvent Based is that it needs only be applied to one surface when bonding to plywood and wood fibreboard. In addition, the EPDM membrane can be laid onto the adhesive without waiting for the adhesive to dry.
- To easily eliminate wrinkles, reposition the membrane during installation.
Finally, please see our EPDM Roof Installation Videos for more details. If you have any queries, please get in touch with our friendly team. Call us if you are unsure about the materials you need for your roof on 01392 927729 or email email@example.com. You can also check out our Roof Calculator that estimates all the materials you will need for your rubber roofing project.