DIY at Home: EPDM Shed Roof Kits
Here’s why EPDM Rubber Roofing is the best material for your DIY EPDM Shed roof Kit
- UV, Ozone and Infrared stable – no cracking, blistering or peeling.
- Eco-friendly and recyclable.
- Life expectancy is between 40-50 years if maintained correctly.
- For both flat and low-sloping roofs.
- Easy to use and supplied in one piece.
- EPDM Rubber Membrane (included within the kit)
- QuickBond 1600 Adhesive (included within the kit)
- Soft Broom
- Trims (optional)
Installing an EPDM Rubber Shed Roof Kit takes only a few hours and it is a straightforward and easy process. We offer a range of guides and video tutorials for a hassle-free installation, but if you do have any queries, please do get in touch.
How to Install:
- Remove existing timber edge trims and put them to one side if they can be reused. Remove the old roof covering, any exposed nails and replace any rotten deck boards.
- Ensure that the deck surface is clean, dry and free from contaminants and dust.
- Unwrap the EPDM Rubber and place onto the shed roof – ensure there is equal coverage. Wait for half an hour for EPDM to relax.
- Fold back half of the EPDM Rubber Roof Membrane to expose the timber deck underneath and apply the QuickBond 1600 evenly with a roller.
- Roll the membrane back into a position while the adhesive is still wet, use a soft broom to ensure no air is trapped underneath the membrane.
- Repeat the process for the other half of the roof.
- Using scissors cut off any excess EPDM Rubber Roof Membrane, leaving 50mm overhang (approximately).
- Fold the membrane back on itself and fix with trims.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with our friendly team. Call us if you are unsure about the materials you need for your roof on 01392927729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our Roof Calculator that estimates all the materials you will need for your rubber roofing project.